Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wow, I'm a 1-percenter!

So says Charles Koch, (of the Koch Brothers, Koch Foundation, Tea Party, free-market economics, etc). Of course, his reference is the entire world. Which does me a fat lot of good, since I earn and spend my teaching salary here in the US, where it ain't even close. Too bad the commute from Bangkok or Calcutta is such a bitch. My money would stretch a LOT more there, or any number of other places around the globe. But, again, I live HERE, and it just doesn't go very far, with rising costs for, well, EVERYTHING, and no cost of living adjustments in years. And, in this 'right to work' state, I have no union protection, no collective bargaining. My well-being and ability to earn a living depends entirely upon the whims of the state legislature every January.

Read up on Milton Friedman and the Chicago School of Economics if you're interested in background on Koch's position. I'm trying to get through Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine, but it's depressing to read and realize these jerks are calling the shots. Have your heard about the

No comments: