Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Must be a full moon

Judging by what I saw today, it has to be close. Jeez, I almost turned into a werewolf myself.
It's been a very interesting week so far of listening to kids make excuses for stupid choices, then parents making excuses for their kids' stupid choices, then explaining how none of that BS is going to help. If you haven't taken care of your responsibility, don't look to me. I'm sorry, but I've got enough of my own. I'm just waiting for some flak to come down about insisting that any missing work has to be made up by staying after school to take care of it. That will be the end of it right there. I'm not even supposed to accept late work, so this is a favor for you. Give me grief about it, and I'll cancel it on the spot.

Was thinking about students' names. It dawned on me that there are quiet a few whose names reflect a certain self-absoprtion on the parent's part. Like the one who named her son after herself. Then there are the moms who pick a baby name that rhymes with their own. Ugh. Worse are those who need to share a name with their child, by adding "La" or "Da/De" on the front to make a 'new' name. Please, just give your child his or her own identity. Maybe that would help the process of self-actualization. You know, growing up.

No comments: